Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Use appropriate positive guidance strategies with children in their care.
2. Choose project and elective courses, with the help of the program advisor, to tailor learning towards possible career options in early childhood education.
3. Adhere to Virginia’s Standards for Licensed Child Day Centers in the planning and evaluation of classroom and learning environments to endure the health,safety and nutrition of children.
4. Assess children’s progress using informal observation
5. Plan, implement and evaluate curriculum plans and learning environments for children based on developmental appropriateness and a thorough knowledge of child development.