Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Communicate effectively and appropriately with children and families from all backgrounds to build respectful, reciprocal relationships and use appropriate positive guidance strategies with children in their care.
2. Complete a plan for the educational, physical, fiscal and human resources needed to operate a program for children.
3. Adhere to Virginia’s Standards for Licensed Child Day Centers in the planning and evaluation of classroom and learning environments to ensure the health, safety and nutrition of children.
4. Assess children’s progress using formal and informal observation and assessment tools and methods.
5. Plan, implement and evaluate curriculum plans and learning environments for children based on developmental appropriateness and a thorough knowledge of child development.