Veteran’s Educational Benefits
Danville Community College has established a part-time Veterans Affairs Office located in the DCC Student Center. Any veterans with questions or problems with their benefits can contact our office for assistance.
Listed below are the necessary steps for all veterans, new and transfer students, to utilize your VA educational benefits. Complete the steps in the order listed and provide copies of documents as noted. Additional requirements for each chapter of educational benefits are listed separately. You are responsible for knowing the requirements and restrictions of your educational benefits. If you have questions please contact LCDR Thomas R. Kelley, USN, Ret., Veterans Specialist, in the Veterans Affairs Office in the Student Center.
VA Form 22 – 1990 for new applicants (print a copy before submitting)
VA Form 22 – 1995 for transfer students (print a copy before submitting)
3. Request your military transcript online (send to Danville Community College, Admissions and Records, Room 108, Wyatt Bldg, 1008 South Main Street, Danville, VA 24541)
a. ARMY (AARTS)
4. Request all other college/university official transcripts be sent to Danville Community College, Admissions and Records, Room 108, Wyatt Bldg, 1008 South Main Street, Danville, VA 24541
6. Provide a copy of your VA Awards of Educational Benefits letter received from the VA to the Financial Aid office in the Wyatt Building room 101.
7. Provide a copy of your DD-214 to DCC’s Certifying Official (in Financial Aid Office, Room 101 Wyatt Building) also provide a copy of this form to the Veteran Affairs Office in the Student Center.
8. Provide a “Certification Request for Educational Benefits” to the Financial Aid Office.
Should you have any questions concerning these procedures or need help with these procedures please contact LCDR Thomas R. Kelley (Randy), USN, Ret. in the Veterans Affairs Office in the Student Center. If you are using Chapter 35 or Chapter 33 (Transfer of Eligibility to Spouse and Dependents) see the Veterans Specialist in the Student Center.