Award: Career Studies
Purpose: The Career Studies Certificate in Printing Technology is designed to prepare individuals for various entry level positions or to upgrade existing skills in the press operations area to meet technology trends in the printing industry. Procedures and processes will be covered in both theory and/or hands-on application.
Occupational Objectives: Students who complete the program will develop competencies in the following areas:
• Basic understanding of various printing processes.
• Understanding of the basic technology of the lithographic printing process.
• Complex understanding of the technology of the lithographic printing process.
• Understanding of the varieties, properties, handling and printing characteristics of paper and inks.
• Understanding of the basic operation of the lithographic offset press.
• Understanding of safety and health issues and of the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard.
• Complex understanding of the operation of the lithographic offset press.
• Understanding of the current trends in technology.
The program is structured in the following courses:
|PNT 110||Survey of Repro. Processes||3||2||3|
|PNT 131||Prin. of Lithography I||3||3||4|
|PNT 132||Prin. of Lithography II||3||3||4|
|PNT 231||Paper and Ink Concepts||2||0||2|
|PNT 251||Offset Press Operations I||3||3||4|
|PNT 295||Safety and Health Issues||2||0||2|
|PNT 252||Offset Press Operations II||3||3||4|
|PNT 295||Industry Trends||2||0||2|
|Total Minimum Credits___||21||14||25|