Award: CAREER STUDIES CERTIFICATE
Occupational Objectives: The Career Studies
Certificate in Commercial Art is designed to prepare
individuals for employment as graphic artists and/or
designers in advertising agencies, sign shops, or in
the printing industry. Procedures and processes will
be covered in both theory and hands-on application.
Students who complete the program will develop
competencies in the following areas:
1. Basic drawing skills
2. Application of design techniques for commercial purposes;
3. Use of airbrush in commercial art applications;
4. Paste up skills related to camera-ready printed materials;
5. Silkscreen stencil techniques with emphasis on design;
6. Desktop publishing techniques including Freehand and PageMaker.