Dental Assisting Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Assist with the delivery of dental care as an integral team member.
2. Provide basic and expanded function skills with a variety of dental materials.
3. Expose, process, and mount dental radiographs including safety and digital applications.
4. Meet industry standards for asepsis, disinfection and sterilization to ensure a safe working environment.
5. Show communication skills demonstrating knowledge of dental ethics and jurisprudence.
6. Use clinical externships to integrate classroom and laboratory skills in an office setting.
7. Perform basic office procedures to manage the business operation of a dental practice.
8. Pass the Dental Assisting National Board in Infection Control and Radiation Safety for graduates who choose to take the boards.